Thursday, September 29, 2016

Teddy Ruxpin: Revamped!

If you were a kid in the 80's or 90's this bear was one of the hottest toys around!



Born in 1984, my twin and I each had a Teddy Ruxpin. We even shared a Grubby... 
Until he was well, too "grubby" that our Mom decided he needed to go; because, we had tried to feed him too many times!



My parents got the last Santa Suit in town that year!


We were preemies: born via Caesarean Section. 1 lb 13 oz and 1 lb 9 oz. We spent months in ICU before we could be transferred to a hospital closer to home. Failure to thrive... I couldn't even imagine! Renee was so little... and she was 4 lbs 15 oz.

When I was still young (I vaguely remember doing it, too) I put on Teddy Ruxpin's Santa Suit! I was probably 4 or 5 at the time. We dressed my daughter in the same outfit just for the sake of it and she happily obliged at 2 :)

Now, after 30 years.... Teddy Ruxpin is making a comeback!


Wicked Cool Toys announced the new Teddy Ruxpin, shows the improved animatronics of the toy. Gone are the Teddy Ruxpin's moving eyelids, and eyes. They are replaced with tiny round LCD displays showing full-color animations of Teddy blinking and looking around. It adds to the believability of the character. Also less moving parts means- less parts to break.
Teddy Ruxpin’s hands can also be pressed to change stories, making it easier for kids who aren’t quite old enough to use a smartphone or tablet to interact with the new toy. As for Teddy’s old pal Grubby, there’s no word on whether or not he’s getting an upgrade.Coming to stores Fall 2017 the new revamped Teddy Ruxpin.

The New Teddy Ruxpin is set to launch in stores next Fall for a price of $99.99

Check out all the other cool products at Wicked Cool Toys!

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post in any way. Nor am I affiliated with Wicked Cool Toys. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I would love to hear from you.