Wednesday, October 3, 2018

It's Official- Second Grade

It's official. We have a Second Grader!

Renee was a little disappointed that her teacher left a couple weeks before school started. She kept talking about how strict her teacher was going to be. And she seemed to REALLY relish that.

But... they found a replacement. No problem- a new graduate at the top of her class who came home to teach. School started off great. We got rave reviews from the Principal and Renee's teacher at Open House. We couldn't ask for anything more.

Renee decided she wanted to play soccer this year. She looooves it!

It's just that pesky matter of position and where she is supposed to stay on the field that has been a bit confusing... I can't say as I blame her when she gets switched around every five minutes. Ha ha ha!

With most of the kids it looks like a big free for all anyhow.

I love watching her play. The name of the game is fun and exercise and that's the way it should be -- especially at this age.

She's grown leaps and bounds in this past year. I'm barely over 5 feet and she's up to my shoulder. Coming up on 8 years old I find this incredible!

We went from a little girl who came home excited to tell Mom everything she did at school that day to like just having this attitude Ugh! I don't even know what to say about it. It's a little frustrating and kinda depressing. But I'm relieved to report that it's at least average from what I gather.

We both love the Greatest Showmen! Renee's dad has come to kinda hate it because she sings This is Me everyday - morning, noon and night.

Ha ha ha! It doesn't bother me if she sings a little off key. She's a kid. The only way she'll learn and get better is by practicing.

So I say - Hey, Dad... get over it! Enjoy it :) She'll only be young a little while longer.

Disclosure: I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work. Thank you!