Sunday, May 8, 2016

Book Review: Can A Princess Be a Firefighter? By Carole P. Roman


"Two little girls pepper their father with questions about whether or not they can be a profession and still be a princess. Motivated by her granddaughter's fascination with all things 'princess,' Carole P. Roman penned this adorable poem celebrating all the wonderful possibilities waiting ahead for them."


My 5 year old daughter adores Can a Princess Be a Firefighter? I love the message behind it, which for me is: You can be whatever you want to be! Empowering and positive messages for young children are so important. While this book features two little girls, children of both genders could enjoy and relate to this book with its sing-song rhymes.

In this heart-warming book, Can a Princess Be A Firefighter, Carole P. Roman addresses a parents concern that his children grow up to be happy and valued. This is something we can all relate to! She urges them to think about the great opportunities ahead while still embracing and not losing the innocence and hope of being little girls.


I was also sent Rocket-Bye, which of the two ended up being my personal favorite! Both books feature illustrations by Mateya Arkova who illustrates both stories with fun cartoons kids can relate to.

Rocket-Bye is a sweet kiss goodnight from Carole P. Roman to her grandchildren. Written in verse, it is an imaginary trip to the stars and planets with Mateya Arkova's colorful and winsome illustrations. Anyone would love to read about this trip into space where you can dance on the rings of Saturn and aim right for the heart of Pluto.

Disclaimer: I received both books in order to facilitate my honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated in any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I would love to hear from you.