Monday, November 21, 2016

Give a Gift that Makes Memories

Exploring the Outdoors


My daughter just turned 6 in October. We live in rural Maine. Where I live, you can go outside and look up at the sky on a clear night and see all the stars. You can identify the constellations. Sometimes we can see the planets, satellites, asteroids, comets. Unless it's a cloudy night we can almost always see the moon and the stars. It's really breath-taking!

When she was born, I was lucky enough to meet one of the nurses who took care of me and my twin sister back in the 80s. As new parents, like most other parents we were so nervous. She told us there were 3 things children really needed, "Feeling secure or safe, love, and basic necessities."

Growing up we didn't always have a lot. We learned to appreciate what we had. To be humble: that no matter your situation there was always someone who was worse off. I tried taking some pictures for you, unfortunately, none of them came out: just a black screen :(

This is a fairly accurate depiction of the night sky where I live. Unfortunately none of the pictures I took came out: just a black screen. Source: Night Photography

It's the Simple Things in Life


It's the simple pleasures in life we share that will last a lifetime. During the holidays we sometimes go overboard on buying presents or the "things" but it's the feelings; the emotions associated with those things and the people. Family. Loved ones we're surrounded by that will last a lifetime.

Stargazing, nature watching are both experiences our family shares together.


GeoSafari Jr. My First Telescope


  • A Parents’ Choice Approved Award Winner (2016)
  • National Parenting Product Award (NAPPA) winner (2016)
  • Teacher's Choice Preschool Award Winner (2016)















  • Ideal tool for preschoolers interested in space and the moon
  • Encourages exploration and discovery
  • Provides hands-on experience with a scientific tool
  • Introduces the wonders of space
  • Perfect for STEM learning



My First Telescope is made for ease of use.











This is what I loved about the Geosafari Jr. My First Telescope:
  • No focusing, so it's user-friendly.
  • Easy open tripod
  • Lightweight and easy to carry
  • I liked the eyepiece even though you can't adjust the focus and this telescope is essentially a nicely made magnifying glass that looks like a telescope.
  • The concept is to get kiddos excited about the outdoors 
  • It helps kids develop their imaginations



This product is recommended for ages 4 and up. My daughter is 6 and this has definitely been one of her favorites. She loves that she can feel grown up, "Let me go get my telescope, so I can look at the stars!"

Folks, I'm sorry to disappoint you; but, I've tried it... I can't see my neighbor's porch light, let alone the stars with this product. It's essentially a magnifier and the website says this too.

But the bottom line is that doesn't matter! Like I said before, it's the simple things in life. Making memories. Feeling a part of the family. Being loved. Looking at the stars.

Find the Award-Winning GeoSafari Jr. Telescope at Educational Insights or visit Educational Insights for more great products!

Disclaimer: I received this product in order to facilitate my honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated in any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I would love to hear from you.