Stick to Your New Year's Resolution!
How long will it take for you to start writing 2016 instead of 2015?
With every new year brings new hopes and new dreams of our better selves.
Have you set any Resolutions for the New Year? What are they? I'd love to hear about them.
I must admit I usually keep mine low key or general so I don't feel like a complete failure, making them thus more attainable.
One I have decided on this year is cleaning up my "Potty Mouth." I curse and swear like a pirate at times. It does not do me nor others around me any good. It's an awful habit I've fallen into and I find myself making excuses for. So, it's something I know I need to work on.
|A little Inspiration for your New Year's Resolution|
- Be optimistic. Attitude can make all the difference. If you say I can't, you won't! If you say I got this or I can do this, you're more apt to stick with your goals and be driven to succeed and meet those goals.
- Accountability. This is the reason why so many weight loss programs have a support system to succeed. You support each other and there's a certain level of accountability. Even if you have different goals or resolutions it's easier if you have a friend or buddy to check in with. That person can even be someone you correspond with solely online. Just a word of caution, be safe and don't give out your personal information!
- Break it down! Take it one step, one day at a time and stay in the moment.
- Be present and stay positive. If you stray from your goals. Don't beat yourself up over it. Get back on track. You can do it!
- Confidence: No matter what your goal, half the battle is knowing you can do whatever you set your mind to. Hold your head up high. You got this!
- Track your progress. Reward yourself with something small as you get closer to completing that bigger goal.
Track your progress so you can be and stay positive or adjust your path towards achieving your goals (if necessary). After all there's more than one way to solve a problem.
Find a friend. You can help support each other in achieving your goals. We're social beings and things are just easier with a friend. That's as simple as I can say it.
Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments no matter how big or small!
In closing: Remember Be kind to yourselves. We're all human. We all make mistakes.